Saturday 13 April 2013

Saltburn Farmer's Market


Sunshine! I’m sure you’ll forgive me for that exclamation but it has been so long since we saw any that it took me by surprise when it turned up today! Summery weather only means one thing to me – the beach. No matter how sub-zero the temperature actually is, if the sun shines then I can legitimately go to the beach and have an ice-cream whilst dipping my toes in the arctic water!

Luckily for me my sand-phobic partner had discovered that a farmer's market was on in Saltburn so he was happy to indulge in a day by the sea. A market to him is the equivalent of a charity shop to me so it was the perfect combination of sun, sea and wild boar sausages for the day!

Delicious homemade cakes
 
 

This cutie was hiding away under a table!


Handmade beauty

After the market and a delicious hog roast sandwich we had a stroll along the pier with the obligatory rum ‘n’ raisin cone and watched the surfers and donkeys on the beach. We even took a trip up the beautiful Victorian cliff lift. The lift is one of the oldest remaining working lifts of its type and it is an iconic part of the railway heritage in the North East.


 





 
Isn’t the stained glass stunning?
 
Until next time, K x

No comments:

Post a Comment